Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mint Indian Bistro, Las Vegas, NV

The Mint Indian Bistro is not a vegetarian or vegan restaurant, but has many vegan options clearly marked on the menu. The only thing mismarked on the menu that I am aware of is the Naan. It is not vegan. I have only been there once, and my experience was great. Their menu has Indian, Tibetan, and Nepalese dishes. I ordered the Vegan Sampler $26.99 to split with some friends. This is enough food for 2 people. It comes with whole-wheat roti, kwati soup, kakro salad, alu kaoli masala, the mixed vegetable curry of the day, chana saag, basmati rice, and a dessert (it says coconut sorbet on the menu, but what I got was more of a carrot and coconut dessert, but not sorbet). I enjoyed most of the food. The only things I didn't particularly like were the soup and the salad. The soup was a little salty for my taste, and the salad was more just vegetables, and it was mostly cucumbers, and unfortunately, I don't really like cucumbers. Everything else was amazing. I don't remember the dishes my friends ordered, but I do remember they got half orders since I was getting the sampler, and their portions were still quite large. I can't imagine how much food is in the full order. It was a lovely place, and I will definitely go back the next time I am in Vegas. 730 E Flamingo Rd #9 & 10, Las Vegas NV 89119; 702/894-9334. Open 7 days a week 11:30am-2:30pm (lunch buffet, not sure what is offered at this) and 2:30pm - 10:30pm for dinner. http://www.mintbistro.com/ There is a small parking lot area in front of the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment