Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lehka Hlava (Clear Head), Prague, Czech Republic
















This is another all vegetarian restaurant located in Prague, and it is amazing. It seems that you almost need to have a reservation for dinner, especially if you are going in the evening on a weekend. The even better part about this restaurant is that it is smoke free, a rare thing in Prague. All vegan items, and items that can be prepared vegan are clearly marked on the menu.





We had the dried tomato pesto and peanut spread with bread, which was amazing. The spread was so good and it was served with a few different types of breads. I also had the vegetable soup with red lentils and coconut milk which is also served with some bread. The soup was okay, but I would not order it again. It just didn't have enough flavor for me, but it wasn't bad. I just enjoy to use a lot more spices when I cook to add flavor and don't enjoy dishes that are so bland. For an entree I had the bulgur risotto with grilled tempeh, spring vegetables, and with the pesto dried tomato and peanut spread on top. This dish was good and did have plenty of flavor, the only thing I wasn't excited about was the tempeh. I usually prefer tempeh to tofu, which is why I ordered this dish. However, this tempeh was somehow flavored to taste like a fake meat, and I do not like any of the fake meat flavored proteins. If you don't mind this though, you will love this dish. My only recommendation is getting the half order as the portions are quite large. I will definitely be back here to try more items from their menu. http://www.lehkahlava.cz/

No comments:

Post a Comment