Monday, July 4, 2011

Ristorante L'Insalatiera, Rome, Italy

Ristorante L’Insalatiera (also goes by "Taverna Vegetariana") is a restaurant that offers many vegetarian and vegan options. It was great and seemed to be a family owned restaurant. The woman waiting all the tables was very nice, but didn’t speak much English. Also, the menu was only in Italian. I had looked briefly at the menu online and had translated it, so I already had an idea of what I wanted. Had I not looked ahead of time online, I might have been confused. Also, the menu online clearly marks what is vegan (Vegetariano Vega), vegetarian (Vegetariano), and everything with meat (Contiene proteine animali).

This restaurant is very affordable, and if you are fine with walking (if you're in Rome I hope you are), it's a relatively short walk from the Vatican. We went here 2-3 times during out stay in Rome because we loved the restaurant, the owners, and the food so much.



http://www.tavernavegetariana.it/
Via Trionfale 94, 00195 Rome, 063-974-2975

No comments:

Post a Comment